Friday, January 20, 2012

HANDMADE CHRISTMAS


I made these felt owl ornaments for everyone in my family this year.

The kids helped me make a 'wise old owl' cake for Grandpa's 89th birthday.
My brother gifted me with all of these skeins of colorful wool yarn for Christmas. I love the rainbow of colors!!
The first thing I made with the yarn was a rainbow scarf for Sissy.
I purchased these cute hand towels at Marshall's a while ago. While I was at my parent's house over the holiday, I made use of my Mom's sewing machine and made them into pillows. The towels were on clearance and the pillows were $1.99 at Ikea. Cute and cheap!
I saw travel toothbrush holders on Pinterest and knew I wanted to have one. My Mom whipped this one up really fast. She used yellow grosgrain ribbon for the tie.
She found the most perfect hand towel for the job at TJ Maxx. I love it, and If it gets dirty, I can just toss it into the washing machine!
I made these paper stars for my Christmas window decorations this year. I folded cardstock into the star shapes, then painted them with glitter paint. I added Christmas lights underneath to light them up at night. They sparkle.
The kids helped me make these vanilla/chocolate buttercream cupcakes for Grammy's birthday. They especially helped by licking the beaters for me : D

No comments:

Post a Comment