Sunday, April 22, 2012

PARTY PREPARATIONS

 Following tradition, I made Madeline's birthday cakes. This year I made her two La La Loopsy cakes and tried something new...marshmallow fondant.  
(yellow cake with buttercream frosting)
 Crumbs Sugar Cookie cake
(strawberry cake with buttercream frosting)
 For the party, I made a board of La La Loopsyland with some of the loopsy animals.
 I sewed and embroidered the felt and on some of them, like the polar bear above, added white fabric paint.
 The cat - (I glued yarn to Styrofoam balls to make the yarn balls)
 little red bird
 mouse
 I added a "5" applique and some glitter glue to this cloud.
 butterfly in a flower garden
 owl
 I used a cardboard display board and covered it in felt, then hot glued the animals on. (I tried to velcro them, but they didn't stick very well)
 I made button sugar-cookie pops to go along with the sewing/La La Loopsy-theme. I love this sugar cookie recipe. It think it tastes more like a shortbread and the dough doesn't spread when cooked.
I wanted to make homemade party favors for the kids. Since their ages ranged from 2 to 5, I decided to make these butterfly snack bags and jello playdoh.
 making the playdoh
finished playdoh...I think the berry blue smelled the best! 
I packaged a small ball-size of playdoh for each kid in small plastic containers and labeled them with their flavor. I used Orange, Berry Blue, Lemon, Grape, and Cherry flavored jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment