Monday, February 27, 2012

a little INSPIRATION




I have these two pieces of artwork pinned to my Crafts Board at Pinterest. I love the subject matter, shapes, and especially the colors.

Today, they became inspiration for an art project with my kids. We studied the shapes and colors in each picture and discussed what other things would be found in a city
 I asked them to draw on canvas, a city inspired by the artwork. They drew buildings, trees, balloons, a stop sign...
 ...a tunnel and waterfall.
 I poured them each a pretty palette of paint colors.
Luckily, I had just finished this carton of eggs this morning.
 They were excited to put color to canvas.
 Quickly their cities were coming to life.
 I stayed busy making many trips to the sink to refill the waters and rinse paintbrushes.
 They took their time and enjoyed painting.

 Their finished works

No comments:

Post a Comment